Speechless.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rock The Bells 2007

It's really difficult to explain EXACTLY how I felt about this year's festival. A part of me had an awesome time yet the other part is a bit disappointed. I guess I'll just have to recap the entire day...

Taking off to RTB wasn't bad at all. I picked up Maria in Long Beach, Chris in Carson, then hopped on the 110N to pick up Paul in Gardena. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get to the Glen Helen Hyundai Pavilion in San Bernardino. Parking was WAY too expensive. We had to wait in a VERY LONG line just to get into venue which I believe started forming at 7-8am since all the talk throughout the line was that it reached the parking lot around 9am. The heat was unbearable but thank God for sunblock. Haha! Once again, I was able to sneak a camera in because the person who checked my bag didn't thoroughly inspect it which probably pissed off MANY people who were around us when they saw us taking pictures. Haha!

I have to admit that I enjoyed the time Maria, Chris, Paul, and I spent in the pit. Seeing Immortal Technique, Pharoahe Monch, and EPMD up close was awesome. Unfortunately, Maria and I weren't able to enjoy the entire concert down there due to hunger and lack of hydration, and the event staff being total pricks!

Though it wasn't a total loss. I spent majority of the day with Maria, with our frequent trips to the women's restroom to avoid the heatwave, and the guys (Richard, CJ, Mike, and Mark later joined by Ozzie and Chris). I'm glad I got to see Leilanie again this year which was totally planned and NOT by chance like at last year's RTB. Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Nas, The Roots, were awesome.. from the very little I heard because of mine and Maria's frequent trips to the restroom.

Aside from the dehydration, and unbearable heat... it wasn't too bad. I have to admit that Cypress Hill really set off the night after the sunset. It seemed like once the sun went down everyone had enough energy to last them through the rest of the night. Wu-tang was AWESOME! A bit upset that I missed out on their performance last year but this year's made up for it because majority of the them were on the stage.

While waiting for Rage to come on the stage, some guy that was sitting behind Oz puked on Oz's leg.

Hahaha! I know there's not relevance to that event but it was just hilarious to hear Oz freak out.

Then, some guy (I believe his name was Eric) spilled beer on me and began to wipe it off of me. >.<>

0 comments: