UDWPE: Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The so-called "dreaded" writing exam for all upper division students that must be taken in order to take the 400 level class.

I took this exam in April. I just remember standing in one of the longest lines ever for something I really didn't want to take. We had 75 minutes to answer the given prompt -- the typical standardized test that I hated taking during high school.

What's my point?

I was curious if I passed that test or not. I remembered that the test administrators mentioned the scores would be up within a month of the exam.

So, I checked the CSUN portal to find my score, and I PASSED!

The highest score you can receive on the exam is a 12. I scored a 9.

YES!!

Such a relief. That's one less thing to worry about academically.
-----------

I really don't know why I make things difficult for myself when it comes down to school.

Well, this is incentive to get the hell out of CSUN! :P

1 comments:

starinyourfire said...

congrats on passing that test! i think we all put obstacles in front of us when it comes to school for a known or unknown reason, whether it helps us is another story. haha