Hello, 2008.

Monday, January 14, 2008

2-3 month hiatus.

It's been a very long while.

I've been lazy.

------------------------------------------

This blog is way over due since we're half-way into January.

I suppose it would be good to reflect on the previous year though I fear revisiting that past because of all the pain and heartache and what-not I went through. But it must be done in order to move forward.

------------------------------------------
2007, you have been cruel and kind to me simultaneously.
I have gained friends, lost friends, and grew close to many -- even began to hang out with people I've lost touch with over the years.

But that's nothing compared to the growth I have gone through in the past year.
Hitting rock bottom was something I didn't expect but I guess it's something we all must experience at least once in this Life. And in doing so, I lost people in my life whom I truly cared for.

I must say, the months before the summer was a difficult time for me -- probably the darkest moments of my life by far. Yet somehow I figured out a way to repress all of those negative feelings by keeping myself occupied. Until, of course, I was ready to confront those feelings again.

Yes, that confrontation has taken me a long time and I'm taking it one step at a time. I've slowly learned to trust people around me again and let them know the "real" me. Fear of expressing my feelings has become something I have learned to apply to my life regularly instead of repressing everything; hiding from the world.

Recap of 2007
  • January: a total blur to me. Quit working at Rainbow Surprises. Moved up to Northridge (Winnetka). Started first semester at CSUN

  • Spring 2007: Made new friends at CSUN. Adjusted to living on my own without having anyone I knew around me. Started working as a tutor part-time after school. Started becoming closer to Jaena. Got my heart broken while losing two people I cared about. Obviously, this was the part of my year that I didn't like very much. I spent most of my time going to the gym, studying like crazy, and commuting back home every weekend because I didn't want to be alone.

  • SUMMER 2007: One of the best summers I've had so far. Vegas trips, bonfires, parties galore, good times with friends. What more could you ask for? I visited the Getty, volunteered at different events and met famous people :D (thanks, Leilanie), walked around Japan-town, photoshoots with Jaena & MA, ROCK THE BELLS -- OMG!, Six Flags. An awesome summer it was. I wonder if this year's will be just as good, or better. We'll just have to wait and see.

  • Fall 2007: Hmm.. lots of confusion during this time. I was scheduled to have a surgery done at the end of August. Everything was set and good to go, except for me. I had an allergic reaction to one of the medications they gave me before the surgery and broke out into hives/rashes. Just my luck, huh? I ended up having to postpone my surgery until the doctor's figured out what I reacted to. After many tests, and appointments... I still have no idea what happened. I hate Kaiser! Anyway, I ended up dropping most of my online classes since I wasn't able to attend mandatory campus meetings since those days were usually days when the doctor's wanted to speak to me. Le sigh, such a waste of a semester.

  • December: Yep. I need a separate entry for this month. I finally met my brother's girlfriend, Janine, in person. I'll let you in on a secret. She's an awesome person. Haha. Anyway, a few days before my birthday, Bri and I finally talked about what happened between the two of us. Things are still a bit rocky but it's something we're working on. Friendships/relationships take time to rebuild after a huge downfall. December 22: my birthday party -- I had the time of my life with the greatest people I know! :) End of story. Christmas: spent time with my family, met my new nephew, Raymond Rasing, Jr., and caught up with the cousins... as always.
--------------------------------------------

It was an interesting, emotional, and eventful year. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me. Bring it on, 2008!

We're half-way through January and so much has already happened. Ice skating became a regular thing to do on the weekends, then a visit to Sonic's right after. Went to Medieval Times for Jaena's brother, Nathan's 20th birthday -- t'was very entertaining. And now, I anticipate the beginning of Spring Semester which starts next week Tuesday. I am SO not looking forward to that morning commute to Northridge. Ahhhh!

Oh well, bahala na.


0 comments: