Artsy fartsy.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

For the past couple of days I have diverged from the normalcy of daily routine. I find myself delving into various genres of music, consumed in its mystery in search, possibly, of something new and exciting -- success. Variety seems to be a lifestyle I've become attached to recently. Or is it a search for individuality? I really can't say that that is certain. It surprises me though. As I began to listen to the artists/cds that I have failed to keep in continuous rotation, memories of past events filled my head and even my heart. Memories of good and bad, but mostly good. It's an amazing feeling to be able to share music with people you care for. It enables yourself, as well as those reciprocating the music, to connect on a deeper level. More than just genuine friendship, but something more of a spiritual nature. I do not refer to religious spirituality, however that also comes into effect in a category of its own, yet I refer to the connection that people share when they exchange knowledge and passion of music.

After a conversation with Jaena during our random adventures driving around the South Bay, we realized (rather Jaena than I) that many of our friends are musically gifted. I prefer ARTISTICALLY GIFTED to include those who don't play an instrument or sing but do excel in other forms of art such as writing, dance, drawing/painting, etc. I feel blessed to be a part of such a well-rounded group of people who continually teach me something new about themselves and their passions. It's amazing that the expression of individuality for many stems from the Arts, which I adore with a passion.

I'm perturbed by those who fail to appreciate the beauty of lost art and art in general. Whether it be auditory or visual, I feel as if REAL art is under appreciated by many while being replaced by what the media portrays as the current fad.

Sad.

I long for days that I can be a part of a routine lifestyle of theatrical productions, plays, operas, concerts of symphonies and not just of current musicians/artists. Visitations of galleries and museums becomes a hobby and not just an occasional privilege.

One day.

Embrace.

0 comments: